Pete’s Castle, Galway, Ireland: collage of urban sketches. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.
$80.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed fine art print combining urban sketches of Pete’s Castle, Galway, Ireland. Open edition, with or without artist notes
Pete's castle, Galway - collage of urban sketches
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original artwork, drawn and painted on location at Pete's Castle in Galway, Ireland.
Caher castle in Craughwell, County Galway (known to its loyal fan club as Pete's Castle) is a truly magical Airbnb that we were lucky enough to visit for two nights in 2017. With my sketchbook and watercolours in hand I did my best to record what I saw and felt, including the knight in shining armour qualities of the tower, and the unbeatable hospitality of Pete and Eva.
I made six sketches, and this print combines them in a collage. I think of it as being an urban sketcher's version of a graphic novel, all on one page, telling the story of a very special place. Hopefully those of you who have been able to visit Pete's castle will recognise the pirate flag, the shields over the mantlepiece, the cauldron in front of the stove, and the tree trunks holding up the bed canopy. I just wish I had time to capture the bathtub underneath the trapdoor - yes, really!! If you're intrigued you'll just have to visit this place yourself to see what I'm talking about ... and then I'll be very jealous because I really want to go back! I made a little video to tell you a bit more about the sketches - and to wax lyrical about the amazing castle!
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.