Magnolias in Gertrude Street, Fitzroy. Signed fine art print with artist notes, Helen Wilding, 2022.
$150.00 AUD – $250.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed fine art print of Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, west of Brunswick Street, Melbourne, Australia. Urban sketch. Open edition.
Magnolias in Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original artwork, including artist notes.
The original ink and watercolour drawing was made on location from the southern side of Gertrude Street on the corner of Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy. It was the first week of spring and I really wanted to capture the beautiful magnolias in bloom before all the blossoms fell off. You have to be quick! On the far left you can see the dome of the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings. I tend to draw lopsided domes, so just as well it was in the far distance! The weather was just stunning, so it was a fabulous day to sit and sketch. Afterwards we walked across the road to Sonido for terrific South American fare - including Columbian hot chocolate with or without cheese!
Buildings included in this sketch are:
- 43 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy - Tamura Sake Bar
- 53 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy - Marion Wine Bar
- 55-57 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy - Cutler & Co
- 59 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy - Morning Market
- 65 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy - Phillip & Lea
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.
Terms and conditions
You may also like…
Flowers Vasette, 247 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2022.$150.00 AUD – $250.00 AUD
View from 272 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, looking towards the Black Cat. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2019.$70.00 AUD – $150.00 AUD
Corner of Brunswick and Johnston Streets, Fitzroy. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2020.$150.00 AUD – $250.00 AUD
The Fitz Cafe, drawn from 356 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2022.$150.00 AUD – $250.00 AUD