Grattan Square, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.
$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed fine art print of Grattan Square, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland. Urban sketch. Open edition, with or without artist notes.
Grattan Square, Dungarvan
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original urban sketch, drawn and painted on location in Dungarvan, Ireland.
I visited Dungarvan because one of my ancestors was an orphan in the workhouse during the Potato Famine. She was sent to Australia as a 15 year old as part of the Earl Grey Orphan Scheme, and married a convict in Melbourne with whom she had a large family. Sarah Gleeson was a survivor, and without her I wouldn't be here, and wouldn't be able to claim some Dungarvian blood of my own. I'm very proud of what she achieved.
I drew this during a lunch stop at Meade's cafe in Grattan Square just before we headed over to the museum to meet the most fabulous historian. I was introduced to my very first tuna melt (which was delicious) and we had enormous lattes. We found Meade's by following the crowd 🙂 The square was full of life and the brilliant colours of the surrounding houses called out to be drawn. I'll admit that I originally made a hand drawn "typo" in my sketch, but I corrected that in the print. I wonder if anyone will spot it?
This print is available with or without artist notes. The version with notes reads:
29.8.17 HW. Tuna melt and a huge latte at Meades Cafe, Dungarvan. We followed the local crowds here - always a good sign. A busy square. You would never guess how much this area was affected by the potato famine in the mid 1800s.
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.
Terms and conditions
Showing 5–8 of 10 results
Pete’s castle bedroom – Caher Castle, Galway, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Pete’s castle door – Caher Castle, Galway, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Pete’s castle living room. Caher Castle, Galway, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Vintage stove in Pete’s castle kitchen, Caher Castle, Galway, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD