Derwent River, Hobart, Tasmania. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2021.
$150.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed print of a watercolour sketch of the Derwent River, Hobart, Tasmania. Urban sketch. Open edition.
Derwent River, Hobart, Tasmania
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original urban sketch, drawn and painted on location in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
My husband and I managed to sneak a quick holiday in Tasmania between Melbourne's pandemic lockdowns.
Over a couple of evenings I sat in the street just above our apartment to draw the view over the Derwent River. It was seriously amazing and definitely deserved one of my long sheets of paper. We were at the end of Liverpool Street, and I quickly looked in Google maps for the suburb which I clearly got wrong on my original sketch as you can see in the video. It is in fact west Hobart. Oops. The nice thing about that is I was corrected by someone who recognised the view from my drawing! I removed the writing from my print anyway, as I prefer the long, lean landscape.
You can read more about our trip to Tasmania here - http://helenwildingart.com/urban-sketching-around-tasmania-hobart/
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.