Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.
$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed print of Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland. Urban sketch. Open edition, with or without artist’s notes.
Davitt's Quay, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original urban sketch, drawn and painted on location in Dungarvan, Ireland.
I visited Dungarvan because one of my ancestors was an orphan in the workhouse during the Potato Famine. She was sent to Australia as a 15 year old as part of the Earl Grey Orphan Scheme, and married a convict in Melbourne with whom she had a large family. Sarah Gleeson was a survivor, and without her I wouldn't be here, and wouldn't be able to claim some Dungarvian blood of my own. I'm very proud of what she achieved.
After visiting the hospital that used to be the workhouse we wandered down to Davitts Quay. I was immediately distracted by the idea of orange drizzle cake at the Interlude Restaurant - and it was AMAZING!! So was the hot chocolate, but the big comfy bean bags we collapsed into were trickier than expected to actually get out of! While my husband read his book I walked outside and sat down beside the water to draw. While I was sketching a lovely gentleman came up to me and started chatting, welcoming me to Dungarvan and immediately noting my Australian accent. He told me about the historic bridge which I could see but couldn't fit in my sketch - oops!
This print is available either with or without my artist's notes. The version with notes reads:
"It was the orange drizzle cake that enticed us into the Interlude Restaurant. That and the hot chocolates. So good! But I nearly couldn't hoist myself out of the bean bag like chair. I was approached by a gentleman while sitting outside drawing. He welcomed me to Dungarvan and told me about the historic bridge out of sight to the right of this page. Davitts Quay, Dungarvan. 29.8.17."
I made two sketches during our quick visit. The other is of Grattan Square in Dungarvan town centre, and a print of that is also available. I made a little flip through of my sketchbook - please enjoy 🙂
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.
Terms and conditions
You may also like…
Cobh Cathedral, County Cork, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Fishing boat, Cobh waterfront, County Cork, Ireland. Signed open edition fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Grattan Square, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Pete’s castle tower. Caher Castle, Galway, Ireland. Signed open edition fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2017.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD