Baby steps – the hardest and bravest of all. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2012.
$25.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
Direct from the artist, signed fine art print about baby steps being the first strides to discovering a whole new world. Open edition.
Baby steps - wellbeing and resilience
This is an open edition, signed fine art print on archival paper of my original artwork.
Remember those first steps as your toddler starts to stumble and walk across the room? And how exciting it is? Well, it's not just in childhood that we have to take baby steps. Sometimes those first steps are a sign of recovery, a sign of movement, a sign of trying something new for the first time. We start out tentatively, little by little, and once we get up momentum we start to stride easily, and discover a whole new world opening up before us.
It is also a reminder to us to be patient, and to see those little baby steps for what they are - the beginning of a new adventure.
For this picture I drew my son's first shoes. They were beautiful little leather boots with laces, from Canada where we were living at the time. It was a year of exploration, adventure - and a new person in our lives. Seventeen years on, I couldn't believe how tiny those shoes were, and it was so hard to imagine our little toddler racing around in them - especially as he now towers over me!
The background is a watercolour wash of bright oranges and yellows, with my message written in black and white pen. The words read:
Those first baby steps are the hardest and bravest of all. They are the start of the biggest strides we will ever take.
Direct from the artist to you!!!
- I treat every print as a piece of art in its own right.
- Every step of the process is done by me – from the initial drawing to scanning to printing to shipping to you.
- Your print is made especially for you, by me. No middle person. No mass production.
- Nothing leaves my studio that I wouldn’t be proud to have on my own walls.
Signed and ready to frame
- Each print is titled and signed on the front in pencil.
- A white border sets off the image and makes it easy to frame.
Quality prints on quality materials
- High resolution printing to capture all the details. Printed on a professional Epson SureColor P800 printer.
- Fine art paper - lusciously thick 310gsm Canson Infinity Edition Etching Rag.
- 100% white cotton fibre, acid free and museum quality, with a slight texture very similar to my original artwork.
- Genuine Epson Ultrachrome HD pigment inks perfectly reflect the bright colours, pen lines and brush strokes of my original artwork
Packaged to arrive safely, with flat rate shipping
- Prints up to A3 are sealed in a clear cellophane envelope and shipped flat in a sturdy cardboard mailer.
- Larger prints are rolled gently in acid free tissue paper, wrapped with cellophane and shipped in a 90mm wide cardboard mailing tube.
- Flat rate shipping based on location so that you can easily calculate delivery costs.
Terms and conditions
You may also like…
Carer strengths. Signed fine art print from the Caring Together Art Journal Project, Helen Wilding, 2012.$25.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
Buddha quote – You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2012.$25.00 AUD – $80.00 AUD
Silver gum tree – silver shadows, celebrating a quiet beauty. Signed fine art print, Helen Wilding, 2015.$25.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
The welcome mat. Signed fine art print from the Caring Together Art Journal Project, Helen Wilding, 2013.$25.00 AUD – $200.00 AUD
There are no reviews yet.